I am literally giddy writing this post as this is my first blogger award. I feel like this award symbolizes my acceptance into the blog community! Thank you, FitnessGrad, for the nomination. I feel like the dad from A Christmas Story unpacking my Major Award. I may not have a Fishnet Tights Leg Lamp to show for my achievement, but I am just as proud.
The Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Facts about me:
- I was born at home. As was my brother. My mother is insane.
- I’m 36 years old, and fighting the aging process at every turn. 🙂
- I was born in St. Charles, Illinois; call Phoenix, Arizona home; and currently live in Portland, OR.
- I am a Sun Devil!
- I married the most wonderful man in Central Park, NY last August. Still a newlywed!
- I met my husband on Tinder!
- I have 3 loves: fitness, wine and…
- I am a vegetarian attempting vegan for the first time. Check back when cravings for my 3rd love (Cheese) becomes unbearable.
- I have a major girl crush on Giada de Laurentiis!
- Growing up I wanted to be the next Katie Couric, but the camera doesn’t like me.
- I was a cheerleader in high-school. Go! Fight! Win!
- My favorite band of all time is Matchbox Twenty. Still crush over Rob Thomas. Please don’t unfollow me!!
- I recently started volunteering for Dress for Success.
- Favorite color is purple
- I gush over dogs before babies, exceptions for Elliott & London. #adoptdontshop
Question for me to asnwer: ( I hope these aren’t hard) lol
- Which body part would you exchange if you could? I’ve always hated my nose. I would trade it in for a cuter, smaller version in a heartbeat if rhinoplasty didn’t sound so painful.
- How often do you brush your teeth? Honestly, and if you try to lie, your teeth will turn yellow on the spot based on the dust I sent with this post. I’m pretty good about the twice a day brush, unless I pass out on the couch watching a movie, which happens more often than not. 🙂
- If you could inhabit someone else’s body for a day, who would it be? Hmmm, this is a good one. I’d have to say Beyoncé, because Bea! With one caveat, I want to be the pre-twins Beyoncé. Twin babies is just too much work, even as Beyoncé.
- If you could have someone else’s personality and intelligence, who would it be? Chelsey Handler 100%! She’s incredibly funny and smart! I’d love to hang out with her for a day.
- Where are you taking me to dinner tomorrow night? Or if that’s not gonna work for you, what gift are you sending in lieu of canceling last minute on me? Seems appropriate. I’ll order you something off Postmates.
- Have you ever tried to count the licks to get to the center of the Tootsie Roll Pop? No.
- Did I share too much above? If yes, which item. If not, you’re my new best friend. Nope. I’m known for telling it like it is.
- If you could hide in someone’s pocket for a day just to see what they really do when you’re not around, who would it be? Haha! The pocket seems like a disturbing place to hide – too close for comfort. To answer the question, I’d hide in my step-daughter’s pocket. I know she’s usually up to no good, and this way I could see exactly what that is. Sorry, G.
- If you have an entire cake to yourself, and you know for certain that no one else will eat it nor see you eat it, would you still cut it up and serve it on a plate? Or would you dig in with a shovel? (Assume nothing bad happens to your body as a result of consuming said
healthycake) I’m diving in! One cake, One Fork, One Incredible Moment. That cake didn’t stand a chance.
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say “bite me” ? Good or bad, let it rip. A-hole! J/K . That’s the second thing that comes to mind. The first is unmentionable.
- Have you met Liebster? If Yes, please describe. If No, please contribute $25 to the charity of your choice in order to successfully have completed this easy and fun quiz. Failure to do so results in an automatic replication of 10 more quizzes a day from me to you as a loving gesture of support. I have not met Liebster! And, I’m so excited for my first blog nomination that I don’t even care who Liebster is! Haha. I’m sending $25 to the Oregon Humane Society. #adoptdontshop
- The Ethical Wardrobe
- Sweltering Samantha
- Kate’s Dairy Free Kitchen
- For The Love of Pasta
- Oat So Delicious
- Tata ice
- Vanilla Papers
- Julie Elizabeth Blog
- Let’s HIIT It
My Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you could pick a celebrity to be your next door neighbor, who would it be?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
- What do your friends love most about you?
- What about you drives your friends crazy!?
- Would you rather have a third eye or a third arm?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What inspires you?
- If you could go back and change your career, what would you choose?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Socks in bed, on or off?
Thanks again Fitness Grad. This was fun!